|Leader||President Toivo Kallionpää|
The People's Republic of Duravia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Toivo Kallionpää with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, cheerful population of 1.265 billion Duravians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Durapolis. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Duravian economy, worth 153 trillion Duravian dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 121,468 Duravian dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Duravia's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Democratic socialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Duravia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Duravia was endorsed by The Republic of Dominguez Hills.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, helium balloons lift the nation's spacecraft towards the heavens.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, parents dread their examinations more than their children.
- : Duravia rejected a request from Transvaal SSR for an embassy with The Internationale.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Ainares, Mesopoto, Saltspring Island, Reddit R Atheism, Esgeirimmen, Andakeristan, Doultrenia, Albania 3, Pertsjan, Subspacia, Tvedt, Upcrus, Choveynia, Vamia Adzukind, Anarcho Syndicalist Korea, Restart, Bohstavia, Medlidande, Absurd Land, Islati Scyia, Golinistan, Attempted Socialism, Minahasa, Zerphen, Weaventingost, El Rift, Quigon, East Nazareth, Bernieland Republic, Darfaria, Tisagan, Bladelandia, Choigzonion, Greater Armenian state, Alphonsia, Prozitia, Al-Aezam, Tsaien, Meorlanorde, Nova Erie, Red Sanguina, Carrico, Space Lads, Xizhong, The American Continentes, The Astral Eternals, Slanetria, Yuglonia, Puhon, East Asian Socialist Union, and 9 others.Babylonid, Bruksemark, Kedeverat, Monitiopia, Yorkshire and Herefordshire, Homebrewers, Arma Extosia, Dawnopolis, and Dominguez Hills.