|Leader||President Toivo Kallionpää|
The People's Republic of Duravia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Toivo Kallionpää with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.488 billion Duravians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Durapolis. The average income tax rate is 93.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Duravian economy, worth 309 trillion Duravian dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 124,238 Duravian dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR, a government program is underway to revitalize Duravia's beaches, and paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Duravia's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Democratic socialism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Duravia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Duravia endorsed The Free Land of Pentremeurig.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, a government program is underway to revitalize Duravia's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, vegetables are crisper thanks to CRISPR.
- : Duravia was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Duravia was endorsed by The Free Land of Pentremeurig.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, diplomatic fallout tends to be much more dangerous than radioactive fallout.
- : Following new legislation in Duravia, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Saltspring Island, Esgeirimmen, Doultrenia, Albania 3, Pertsjan, Subspacia, Tvedt, Vamia Adzukind, Bohstavia, Islati Scyia, Golinistan, Attempted Socialism, Minahasa, Weaventingost, East Nazareth, Darfaria, Greater Armenian state, Alphonsia, Al-Aezam, Carrico, The American Continentes, The Astral Eternals, Slanetria, Monitiopia, Dominguez Hills, International Socialist Union, Cor Cada, Stranaestrada, Agrase, Karlos, Unu Kunlaalia, Soviet States of Latin America, and Pentremeurig.