The Republic of Despatito is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 417 million Despatitoans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.8%.
The strong Despatitoan economy, worth 21.5 trillion tacoes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 51,447 tacoes, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 331,582 per year while the poor average 3,225, a ratio of 102 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Despatito's national animal is the parrot, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Despatito's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Despatito lost WA Delegate status in Red Team Social Studies.
- : Despatito relocated from The South Pacific to Shinka.
- : Despatito relocated from The East Pacific to The South Pacific.
- : Despatito relocated from Red Team Social Studies to The East Pacific.
- : Despatito became WA Delegate of Red Team Social Studies.
- : Despatito's influence in Red Team Social Studies rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Despatito was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Despatito's influence in Red Team Social Studies rose from "Zero" to "Powerbroker".
- : Despatito relocated from Shinka to Red Team Social Studies.
Endorsements Received: None.