The Autocracy of Desibia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by David Rodrenez with an iron fist, and notable for its avowedly heterosexual populace, prohibition of alcohol, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 1.297 billion Desibians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vialusa. The average income tax rate is 52.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Desibian economy, worth 125 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 96,747 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Flipping a coin to make a decision leads to a referral to Gambling Addiction Services, pallbearers at military funerals dive for cover when they hear the three-volley salute, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, and flatulent people are left to die of cancer at the end of hospital waiting lists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Desibia's national animal is the coyote, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Desibia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Desibia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, flatulent people are left to die of cancer at the end of hospital waiting lists.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, pallbearers at military funerals dive for cover when they hear the three-volley salute.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, flipping a coin to make a decision leads to a referral to Gambling Addiction Services.
- : Desibia endorsed The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, carrots are orange, apples are red and food waste is increasing.
- : Desibia was endorsed by The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : Following new legislation in Desibia, "What's the Frequency, David Rodrenez?" is a favorite phrase of backyard radio broadcasters when interrupting official diplomatic channels.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Elisabethshagen, The Kingdom of Denmark, Ausvelt, Someseni, Invernessia, Jim the Baptist, Northern German Federation, GanymedEuropa, Saint Domingo, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Leranditale, Outer Sparta, The Champions League, North of Americas, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Savinecross, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Canovium, Irminsulia, St Scarlett, Imperium Anglorum, Dark Matter, Shaor, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Pilipinas and Malaya, Destyntine, The New Nordic Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Seven Provinces, Regnum Italiae, Socialist Balkans, An Clar, Abject Ludicrosity, Nardin, Jahass, Mons Graupius, Prussian-Union, Dalmannia, Lyallpur, Chronus, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Bulgayria, Mallesia, The States of Texas and Arkansas, and 14 others.Trixeland, Kanokla, Estellan, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Anskerdank, Vachia, Eski, Apabeossie, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Asparagusia, Enway, and Othenhiem.