|Leader||The Person Nearly Everyone Voted For|
The Secret Tree House Club of Decent Humans is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Person Nearly Everyone Voted For with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.268 billion Decent Humans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bubble Bobble. The average income tax rate is 75.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Decent Humanian economy, worth 69.8 trillion Shiny Shapeses a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 55,017 Shiny Shapeses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, untold millions of Shiny Shapeses are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool, and high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Decent Humans's national animal is the harlequin shrimp, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Chillwhateverism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Decent Humans voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, untold millions of Shiny Shapeses are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme.
- : Decent Humans was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Decent Humans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Decent Humans was endorsed by The Democratic States of Palvat.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Decent Humans.
- : Following new legislation in Decent Humans, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Kuriko, The Soylent Green Party, Ignis Cinere, Blogotopia, Tzo, Valentian Elysium, Seantonia, Lamborghini Murcielago, Testa, Nooooooooooooooo, Northern African Sahara, Zeganas, Chip Skylark, Eist, Karlando, Anollasia, Gal Cradia, Vivolkha, Gewisse, Old Atlantica, Old Tryst, Wysrod, Northern Nivaria, Tindomelia, Krystalveil, Flex Lexington, Novegia, The Snake Brotherhood, The Biggles Syndicate, Achiotopia, Manonmanistan, The Parandeam, A Lee Project, New Fania, Randopian, Alaxia, Vill Send, Recon Island, Ishkabibber, AciaciaMont, Zinzdan, Ziejastan, Jeelung, Ao Kuang, The Republic of Osea, Xemja, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Tamsalin, United Kingdom of Selesnia, and 25 others.Republic of Karskarovyt, Evertopia, Nublar Paradox, Ehrgeizig, Lunador, Leprechaun Gold, Lite-Brites, Dustwind, Andaristiva, Anisopterra, Offden, Great Ranges, Calrad, Creeptopia, Kachikawawa, Point Comfort Colony, Waitiki, Greenmont Federation, United North American Islands, Pianaville, Liberdon, Namakan, Bailsland, Palvat, and Bortheria.