The Republic of Czechovia is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its flagrant waste-dumping, aversion to nipples, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.071 billion Czechovians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 60.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Czechovian economy, worth 416 trillion Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Retail, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 135,524 Marks, with the richest citizens earning 7.3 times as much as the poorest.
A sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, and the NHS is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Czechovia's national animal is the Wolverine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Czechovia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Czechovia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Czechovia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Czechovia, the NHS is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle.
- : Czechovia was refounded in Balder.
- : Czechovia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Czechovia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Bormiar.
- : Czechovia was endorsed by The Dominion of Lost Staria.
- : Czechovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Czechovia was endorsed by The Free Land of Durgron.