The Principality of CostaLisa is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.417 billion CostaLisans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capyborough. The average income tax rate is 64.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving CostaLisan economy, worth 248 trillion kronor a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 102,678 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble, attempts to inform people about their unclaimed property are often mistaken for telephone scams, and urban parents tell their children that the family car went to a farm upstate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. CostaLisa's national animal is the Capybara, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CostaLisa endorsed The Commonwealth of United States of Vietnam.
- : CostaLisa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Safe Disposal of Nuclear Waste".
- : Following new legislation in CostaLisa, urban parents tell their children that the family car went to a farm upstate.
- : CostaLisa was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Following new legislation in CostaLisa, attempts to inform people about their unclaimed property are often mistaken for telephone scams.
- : Following new legislation in CostaLisa, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble.
- : CostaLisa was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : CostaLisa was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : CostaLisa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : CostaLisa was endorsed by The Trans Rights of Eggraria.
Endorsements Received: 92 » Holota, Beblahbleblo, Marinho Islands, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Amerion, Beepee, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Corgitopiaa, Westenhald, Holy Free, Wehraboos, New Sanet, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Tsunamy, Tepertopia, Concrete Slab, PenguinPies, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Anatasha, Farengeto, Drystar, West Pastafaria, Ebonhand, Zaelith, Fasire, Linguiniland, The naked people, Southern Numenor, Dirkistan, Laamiva, Los Lonley Boys, Tyflugian, Saciu, Fighting Kawi Ninja, The United Pitcairn Islands, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Anserisa, Yaravia, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Kringalia, Calistan, Rebel-topia, Drew Durrnil, Darakin, Auphelia, Arvan Irawer, and 42 others.Noimosini, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Gonrati, Shefino, Immund, Cereskia 2, Arscanesia, Steviland, The Haughtherlands, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, Stephastan, Drvonia, Chernaya Zvezda, Sou Avida, Eleuthelrium, A Place Somewhere, Elora Nation, Willing Mind, Makinius, Ever Testing, Erstavik, Mavenu, Donat Invadia, Doge Land, Sedunn, Zataras, Ipugao, Esterwood, Leighester, Leimarite Empire, Ostavaria, Froshar, Saint Roberts, Cilibia, Great Lothian, Tyrantistica, Comfed, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.