The People's Republic of Chhaya is a massive, genial nation, notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.723 billion Chhayans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 90.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Chhayan economy, worth 140 trillion Rand a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 81,709 Rand, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry, and noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chhaya's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chhaya, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law.
- : Following new legislation in Chhaya, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry.
- : Following new legislation in Chhaya, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Chhaya, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Chhaya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Chhaya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Chhaya, healthcare workers are flummoxed over the spike in foreign tourists with sudden-onset heart disease.
- : Following new legislation in Chhaya, on-duty Air Chhaya flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class.
- : Following new legislation in Chhaya, visitors often mistake the toiletplex at music festivals for the main stage.
- : Following new legislation in Chhaya, the Treasury has been accused of flushing money down the toilet.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Shamian, Maogeji, Kethania, Keltische, Bruzzundunga, Bibliophilius, Marxmeans, Tranbian, Mallissa, Brauengen, Soviet State of Covernant, Feyrisshire, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Pangeaeae, Council of America, The Bon Fa Islands, Floreznia, Sodoran Alesia, Wice, Rouvenor, Illeron, Liliumtopia, The Steephills, North Fluedan, Karelianastan, 104 Partisans, Sorovin, Huelistan, The Movion, Arpol, Halsoni, Socialist Balkon, Old Corus, Vinidad, Repolaa, and Flying-Penguins.