The Commonwealth of Ceylania is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 707 million Ceylanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ceyova. The average income tax rate is 79.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Ceylanian economy, worth 16.1 trillion Ceylons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 22,734 Ceylons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Getting an autograph has become harder than ever, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy, theatre audiences often need a telescope to see the stage, and fireworks and other big bangs are forbidden during the newest public holiday. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ceylania's national animal is the Blue Jay, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ceylania was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Ceylania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Ceylania was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Ceylania was endorsed by The Trans Rights of Eggraria.
- : Ceylania was endorsed by The Republic of TescoPepsi.
- : Ceylania was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Following new legislation in Ceylania, fireworks and other big bangs are forbidden during the newest public holiday.
- : Following new legislation in Ceylania, theatre audiences often need a telescope to see the stage.
- : Following new legislation in Ceylania, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Ceylania, getting an autograph has become harder than ever.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Beblahbleblo, Ever Testing, Tepertopia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Holota, Land Without Shrimp, Aidenfieeld, Andinla, Wehraboos, Yaravia, Corgitopiaa, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Chernaya Zvezda, Arscanesia, Kringalia, Ebonhand, PenguinPies, Holy Free, Sou Avida, Donat Invadia, Bonobiana, Sedunn, Farengeto, Amerion, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Cereskia 2, Zataras, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, The Haughtherlands, Brazilian impero2, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Nowa Europa, Volaworand, Saint Roberts, Great Lothian, Rebel-topia, Tyrantistica, Comfed, Eae, TescoPepsi, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.