The Supreme empire of Catopia2 is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Nero with an iron fist, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.788 billion Catopians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of catnip central. The average income tax rate is 72.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Catopia2ian economy, worth 410 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 147,257 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, the government spends billions to protect Catopia2 from a disaster that is one in a million, Catopia2 Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere', and the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catopia2's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Nero-anity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Catopia2, the men in trenchcoats hanging around playgrounds are actually police officers.
- : Following new legislation in Catopia2, Catopia2 Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere'.
- : Following new legislation in Catopia2, the government spends billions to protect Catopia2 from a disaster that is one in a million.
- : Following new legislation in Catopia2, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Catopia2's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Catopia2 relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Catopia2 was refounded in Balder.
- : Catopia2 ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Catopia2 was endorsed by Balimut.
- : Catopia2 was endorsed by The People's Republic of Divine Eulogy.