The Kingdom of Cath Slar is a huge, genial nation, notable for its pith helmet sales, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 477 million Cath Slarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The average income tax rate is 42.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cath Slarian economy, worth 53.3 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 111,675 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Cath Slarian politicians, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, and they say that Cath Slarians made a dessert and called it peace. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cath Slar's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cath Slar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Cath Slar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in Cath Slar, they say that Cath Slarians made a dessert and called it peace.
- : Following new legislation in Cath Slar, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- : Following new legislation in Cath Slar, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Cath Slarian politicians.
- : Cath Slar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Cath Slar, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in Cath Slar, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Following new legislation in Cath Slar, public parks are littered with cigarette butts.
- : Following new legislation in Cath Slar, almost all of the nation's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
Endorsements Received: 55 » The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Meropis, Invernessia, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Walfo, The Reunited Yugoslavs, North of Americas, Abject Ludicrosity, Rivierenland, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, St Scarlett, Elisabethshagen, The Champions League, Thracia Republic, Dark Matter, Savinecross, Irminsulia, Estoniia, Regnum Italiae, The New Nordic Union, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Northern German Federation, NorthPortugal, Imperium Anglorum, GanymedEuropa, Owlograd, Jim the Baptist, Destyntine, Shaor, Greater Icelandia, Nardin, Leranditale, Viktorias, Republic of Satherland, Enway, Someseni, Kanokla, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Trixeland, The New Mexican Confederation, The Young Ur, Anskerdank, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, and 5 others.Bareu, Christian Terra, Wombelland, Continental Social Democrats, and Othenhiem.