The Elective Principality of Carlia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prince Charles with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.077 billion Carlians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carlburg. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Carlian economy, worth 86.9 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,716 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Research into 'designer babies' is banned, tabloids coo over Prince Charles's expected child, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Carlia's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carlia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 9003".
- : Following new legislation in Carlia, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in Carlia, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Following new legislation in Carlia, tabloids coo over Prince Charles's expected child.
- : Following new legislation in Carlia, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
- : Carlia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Carlia, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Carlia was endorsed by The Federation of Talgarth.
- : Following new legislation in Carlia, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Carlia, artificial intelligences seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui.
Endorsements Received: 73 » Londynium, Zentata, Sho, Czech Germania, Lewanda, United States of Schiff, Ayeinc, Sauelsuesor, Nationific, Jerkania, Lushie, Arthenas, Talaria, Alaniztan, Cryptitana, Obossania, Cadavaca, Antwilla, Lina Camadz, Oswald State Correctional Facility, Endrovia, Ylministan, Peppa pig and Family, Symmetria, Dutch Rational Tribes, Laconshire, Zeneslav, BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP, SteamPunk Squirrels, Grasswhistle, Imperio Lautiriano, Hermosamente, The United Nations of Kvenland, The 3nd German Republic, The Gilded Star, Mand Chais, Faaras, Versuchen, Kelazi, Tirr Savattstra, Power of fault city, Thucydide, Duncanheim, Liruslau, Portugal and Great Britannia, Adelora, Erileah, Quark A, The Lustrous Ones, Tua Amblia, and 23 others.North-Zotia, Yaaaaaaaaa, Garshland, Nitra-Silesia, Velacree, The Outer Union, El Hierro, Kalderisara, Hiionia, The Coronavirus Wasteland, Holing, Jyllmark, Prairiland, Monkelandd, Tommaroc, Mornicoder, Vitruvian States, The States Of Vizia, Federated Commonwealth of Selstville, Foiled, Esslea, New Khalifa, and Talgarth.