The Free Land of Carkaasia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.556 billion Carkaasians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tilguran. The average income tax rate is 86.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Carkaasian economy, worth 95.7 trillion silver coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is 61,497 silver coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings, Leader is spearheading a new fashion trend of wearing swimming goggles and medieval armour, fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers, and Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Carkaasia's national animal is the peacock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carkaasia was endorsed by The Republic of Antwerpen1.
- : Carkaasia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Carkaasia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Carkaasia was endorsed by The Goblin Commune Federation of Eggraria.
- : Carkaasia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of TescoPepsi.
- : Carkaasia was endorsed by The Eternal Dynasty of Comfed.
- : Following new legislation in Carkaasia, Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls.
- : Following new legislation in Carkaasia, fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers.
- : Following new legislation in Carkaasia, Leader is spearheading a new fashion trend of wearing swimming goggles and medieval armour.
- : Following new legislation in Carkaasia, workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Beblahbleblo, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Anatasha, Yaravia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Aidenfieeld, Tepertopia, Bleakfoot, Hanguk-Nippon, Holota, Volaworand, Bawkie, Shuckle Empire, New American Dictatorship, Westenhald, Nowa Europa, Land Without Shrimp, Holy Free, Wehraboos, PenguinPies, The naked people, Darakin, Arvan Irawer, Gonrati, Immund, Cereskia 2, The Haughtherlands, Arscanesia, Drew Durrnil, Kringalia, Concrete Slab, Farengeto, Raidener, Cucutenium, Rebel-topia, Sandaoguo, Achemar, Kanatian Percocet, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Drvonia, Ebonhand, Sou Avida, Tsunamy, Eleuthelrium, Shefino, Constabul, Willing Mind, Ever Testing, and 28 others.Erstavik, Castraebar, Andinla, A Place Somewhere, Donat Invadia, Mavenu, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Sedunn, Karimata, Zataras, Makinius, Flumenvallis, Esterwood, Leimarite Empire, Ostavaria, Froshar, Chernaya Zvezda, Great Lothian, Prokuror, Doge Land, Petea, Tyrantistica, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Eggraria, Eae, Shadeth, and Antwerpen1.