The Commonwealth of Cape Vessey is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Reeves with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.4 billion Vessians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Havarti. The average income tax rate is 78.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Cape Vesseyian economy, worth 270 trillion buttons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 79,425 buttons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, shoppers have literally had their hands full since plastic bags were banned, and children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cape Vessey's national animal is the goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cape Vessey was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Free Las Pinas.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, shoppers have literally had their hands full since plastic bags were banned.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Cape Vessey voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vippertooth33".
- : Cape Vessey voted against the World Assembly Resolution " International Transportation Preclearance Act".
- : Cape Vessey was endorsed by The Republic of Moonlight Menschen.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, the army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Vessey, motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas.
- : Cape Vessey endorsed The Constitutional Republic of Marxist Germany.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Dustwind, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Kyrizstanislav, Tzo, Anollasia, Seranis, Samonaemia, Chip Skylark, Achiotopia, Danyl, Maalemzya, Old Atlantica, Seantonia, Colonel Terrosit, Testa, Grungerock, Lamborghini Murcielago, Aspistania, Serlone, Echocrimsonia, New Fania, Nooooooooooooooo, PYT, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Tindomelia, Tapperhed, Nixtodea, Oyste, Kebecois, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Karlando, Free Land of Rebellium, Spncrgmn, Grimmywelsh, Libertaritaritaritaria, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Piscina, Valentian Elysium, Graemania, Decent Humans, Randopian, Krystalveil, AciaciaMont, The Republic of Osea, Xemja, Chocolate Coookies, and 25 others.Greenmont Federation, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Isentran, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Itic, Evertopia, Athontia, Ehrgeizig, Rex Republic, Lunador, Vivolkha, Leprechaun Gold, Great Ranges, Armatha, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Ascended Union, Point Comfort Colony, Ali Faridi, Pianaville, Liberdon, Lisokyo, Bortheria, and Marxist Germany.