The Corporation of Canterlogic is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Phyllis Cloverleaf with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, flagrant waste-dumping, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 984 million earth ponies are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maretime Bay. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Canterlogical economy, worth 117 trillion Bits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 119,395 Bits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 647,292 per year while the poor average 11,365, a ratio of 57.0 to 1.
Phyllis Cloverleaf has been known to threaten dissenting citizens with a machine gun at press conferences, babysitters are a thing of the past, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, and the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights. Crime is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Canterlogic's national animal is the Crab, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Canterlogic was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Canterlogic, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights.
- : Following new legislation in Canterlogic, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Canterlogic was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Canterlogic's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Canterlogic created a custom banner.
- : Canterlogic altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Canterlogic, babysitters are a thing of the past.
- : Canterlogic changed its national leader to "Phyllis Cloverleaf".
- : Following new legislation in Canterlogic, Phyllis Cloverleaf has been known to threaten dissenting citizens with a machine gun at press conferences.