The Federal Republic of Caldorado is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 632 million Caldoranians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calvary. The average income tax rate is 42.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Caldoranian economy, worth 47.0 trillion Cavalis a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,350 Cavalis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Eminent domain has been abolished, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, Caldorado is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caldorado's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caldorado was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Caldorado, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Caldorado was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Caldorado, Caldorado is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- : Caldorado voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Caldorado was endorsed by The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Caldorado voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Caldorado voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Caldorado's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Caldorado, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Krystalveil, Valentian Elysium, Anisopterra, Kuriko, The United States of Marshall, Republic of Karskarovyt, Wysrod, Recon Island, Tamsalin, West Whale, Zinzdan, New Fania, Vivolkha, Maddledom, The Pipiles, Isentran, Creeptopia, Northern Nivaria, The Pizza, Drewish, Calrad, Xemja, Nooooooooooooooo, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ehrgeizig, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Leprechaun Gold, Dustwind, Yakkandiania, Boston and Maine, Giraten, Nilveroe, BRVTOPIA, Haivon, Liberdon, The Republic of Osea, Point Comfort Colony, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Ali Faridi, Novegia, Lisokyo, Solarampa, Bortheria, Marxist Germany, and HumanSanity.