The Republic of Calbee is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 960 million Calbeeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of ΛTHΞOS. The average income tax rate is 42.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Calbeean economy, worth 80.6 trillion Keks a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 83,966 Keks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Billions of Keks are being poured into a space program, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high, pharmaceutical companies emphatically promise that "your pills are in the mail" rather than admit any supply shortfall, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calbee's national animal is the Nyn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calbee was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Calbee was endorsed by The Vivancantadian Kartaganra of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Calbee was endorsed by The United Federation of Coruh.
- : Calbee was endorsed by The Pax Stellarum of Stellar Colonies.
- : Calbee was endorsed by The Empire of Eastern Hyront Scassen.
- : Calbee was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Calbee, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Calbee was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Calbee was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Calbee's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
Endorsements Received: 79 » VW53Aland, Evrigenis, A Slanted Black Stripe, Talitoa, H-Zhena, Zukchiva, Brotherland, Marrabuk, Grossvietnam, Biggstonia, Axdel, Merlovich, Drunken Seal Islands, Freedomindia, La xinga, United China Nation, Federal Republic of Hetacia, Adavan, Roliganistan, Abtracnt, Hokolokia, Interdimensional Waifus, 3 14159265358979323846264, Ridann, Kangarawa, Unger under over, Headpat Central, East Malaysia, Libertanny, Republic of Berzerkistan, Adioration, Slys Paws, Wiranath, BearStackof2015, Dragons Blood, Freedom Fascists, Under Sea Desert, The United Asian Republics, Rhealaliit, Enlil, New Leganes, Aeljae, CopyCato, Joundia, Asendavia, Wizardonia, Galve, Kriov, Pakitsk, Blobbo, and 29 others.The Soviet Space Commie Union, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Chria Deau, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, Ripsylvania, The Almighty Country, Lingu, Hexyia, Rohanland, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Army of Chaos, Greater New Cassandra, Mays Austrian Nation, Rainbow Vests, Raunch, BuciLand, Tseriesiscoming, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Chriona, Survivoristan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Stellar Colonies, Coruh, Technocratic Tagalog, and Ephem.