|Animal||Penka the cow|
The Armed Republic of Bulgayria is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its closed borders, soft-spoken computers, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 538 million Bulgayrians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 11.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Bulgayrian economy, worth 26.3 trillion Levs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 48,946 Levs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more, children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, and water fights now end with thousands dead. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force. Bulgayria's national animal is the Penka the cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by The Federation of Mynox.
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by The Kingdom of Wombelland.
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by The Principality of Eco-Paris Reformation.
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by Fjarrej.
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by The Armed Federation of Zarulia.
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by The United Cantons of Valtrona.
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by The Empire of Uzbek Khan.
- : Bulgayria was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Kyrica.
- : Bulgayria was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 54 » GanymedEuropa, Destyntine, NorthPortugal, Invernessia, Northern German Federation, Gor Kebab, North of Americas, Yahlia, Walfo, Shaor, Elisabethshagen, The Champions League, Meropis, The Seven Provinces, Saint Domingo, Ausvelt, Monkistan, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Abject Ludicrosity, An Clar, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, Rivierenland, Mons Graupius, Prussian-Union, St Scarlett, Republic of Satherland, Dark Matter, Jim the Baptist, Irminsulia, Crestphalia, Evergreen Keys, The New Mexican Confederation, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Imperium Anglorum, Desibia, Regnum Italiae, Leranditale, Estoniia, Enway, Someseni, Kanokla, Trixeland, The Young Ur, Anskerdank, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Valtrona, Zarulia, and 4 others.Eco-Paris Reformation, Wombelland, Mynox, and Continental Social Democrats.