The Kingdom of Brocheland is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 256 million Brochelandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 21.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Brochelandian economy, worth 12.2 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Pizza Delivery, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 47,817 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius', funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience, visual acuity is worsening amongst teenagers, and commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Brocheland's national animal is the wolverine, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brocheland was endorsed by The Federation of U S Eh.
- : Brocheland was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Maott.
- : Following new legislation in Brocheland, commemorative mugs remembering last year's Black Friday Crockery Riots are a best seller this year.
- : Following new legislation in Brocheland, visual acuity is worsening amongst teenagers.
- : Following new legislation in Brocheland, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Brocheland, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Following new legislation in Brocheland, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Brocheland was endorsed by The Federation of Frahnkzaden.
- : Brocheland was endorsed by The Republic of Votak Matim.
- : Brocheland was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Ultra777.
Endorsements Received: 108 » Koda-Land, Shibutani, Notyoutopia, Dar es Saalam, Orado, Cowbridge, Yaorozu, Hamerica, Castle Federation, Ethnon, Newpromisedland, Pazair, Purpose, Guer Aike, East Natomes, El Fiji Grande, Zzozona, Former English Colony, Godwanna, Pallaith, Empy, Sikol, Noahs Second Country, The Tampa Bay Rays, Brucklania, The Rhein States, Plutayah, The Calabash Protectorate, Omnistria, Simone Republic, Fendlium, Saperisole, Ihese, Prydania, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Seanat, Zumlandia, Sundred, North Bratislava, Corfad, Kranostav, Daiz, Territorio di Nessuno, New Lakemba, Yokciq Empire, 1 very fast endotarter, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Valhalla123, Sea Ghost, Dabarastan, and 58 others.Fauzjhia, Interdimensional Zone, Libertania Democratica, Dreadton, Lybirit, Siwale, Hoglands, The Lucky but Unfortunate Wanderers, Frances Francis the First of France, Seenvorland, McMasterdonia, The Iron Lions, Kocherian, Valentine Z, Plangainer, Eschatosia, Westinor, Wineclaw, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Abject Ludicrosity, Arichia, Joodey, Xagill, Praeceps, Clan Spaniel, Sil Dorsett, The Pantheons, Schnuftelland, Xentherida, Highton Islands, Damsmel, Borsukia, Selfgradatude, Principia Mathematica, New Jamgra, The New Cordian Empire, Shadowrik, Madjack, Zeternia, Ihsan, Kragsgale, Xipher, Astal Aavors, Amerian States, Buckhem, Illusia and Neverendia, Erubetia, Andexia, Eastern Cous Empria, Maclare, Moubarakistan, Loutsland, Ultra777, Votak Matim, Frahnkzaden, Maott, and U S Eh.