|Leader||Prime Minister Joseph Burke|
The Kingdom of Brettenia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Joseph Burke with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.661 billion Brits have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of High Charity. The average income tax rate is 77.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Brettenian economy, worth 248 trillion Royals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 149,561 Royals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes, holiday gift-giving is often peppered with songs of praise to morally-questionable televangelists, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, and government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brettenia's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, holiday gift-giving is often peppered with songs of praise to morally-questionable televangelists.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes.
- : Following new legislation in Brettenia, ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing.
- : Brettenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Civil Defence Siren".
- : Brettenia endorsed The Kingdom of Vikingiarchy.
- : Brettenia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Vikingiarchy.
- : Brettenia was endorsed by The United States of Erwo Stal.
- : Brettenia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
Endorsements Received: 145 » Alunya, The Rhein States, Pallaith, Abject Ludicrosity, Shin-Hachioji, Omnistria, El Fiji Grande, Territorio di Nessuno, Shadowrik, Malta Comino Gozo, Great Bights Mum, Yaorozu, Mzeusia, Lunallian, Uganda Knuckles UK, Artemizistan, The Black Cathedral, Kwaj, Shibutani, Notyoutopia, Dreadton, Ainsworth, Koda-Land, New Pruessen, Bayern-Straubing, Sundred, Steraz, Newpromisedland, Outer Egorniand, Corfad, Kasazzastan, Eri-Maqa-Ena, New Bremerton, Napnomadia, Unsophisticate, Sinelona, PlanetPunk, Ozstan, Bearical, Justanistan, Maovale, Sunto, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Papika, Sil Dorsett, Selfgradatude, Federation Terra Australis, Suicidistan, Maott, and 95 others.Ninjak30, United North American, Partax, Agrauron, Asgardira, THX1138, Cloydicia, The United States of Romania, Q w e r t y, Wohlstantia, Votak Matim, Spartoptia, Frances Francis the First of France, Black Templares, Guer Aike, Buckerino, Amauri, National Goats, Holy Oranz, Wilkshire, SchoolHouse Rock, General COE, 1 very fast endotarter, Vincone Cae, United Draconia, Joodey, New Ducklands, Ara Antrizuls, Pasargad, Wineclaw, Tranquillitas Ingenii, Niradans, Panama Coalition, Ofemerica, Egalico, Siwale, Solmetria, Tappan Hills, Acrabinnia, Torakuen, SillyString, Sakaryata, Warsaw-Halicz, Jasminlandia, Atomic Industry Islands, IsiMUd, Wisconsota, Gladio II, Divine Eulogy, Victoriaans Nederlands, The Iron Lions, Elder Realms, Sheldanada, Ethnon, Guslantis, Eripolis, Sanjurika, Zemnaya Svoboda, Balimut, Saturns Edge, Kirostan, Novare Res, The Notorious Mad Jack, Ibiscaton, Racoda, Fortnite Eco, Ediola, Zupla, Koryohan, Ethereal Expanse, Libertarian Nation of Japan, Kolorland, Zokk, United States of Medford, Ucatski, Norostilors, Spunkland, North Yeetland, Orven, Misuvelia, Sea Ghost, Sacrento, The Lucky but Unfortunate Wanderers, Plangainer, Peldorn, Noiah, Steampunk Ariel, Trillius, The Stratosphere Islands, Marijuana Haven, Lower Nubia, Ka Ching, Haor Chall, Erwo Stal, and Vikingiarchy.