The United Socialist States of Brenirven is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its public floggings, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 321 million Brenirvenians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mongyurs. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Brenirvenian economy, worth 26.1 trillion Surars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Trout Farming, Information Technology, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 81,328 Surars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes, the majority of the country's traffic wardens have been sacked overnight, children seem to be getting better at lying these days, and acute politicians deride opposition members for being obtuse. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brenirven's national animal is the horse.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brenirven was endorsed by The Union of Exania.
- : Following new legislation in Brenirven, acute politicians deride opposition members for being obtuse.
- : Following new legislation in Brenirven, children seem to be getting better at lying these days.
- : Brenirven voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Brenirven was endorsed by The People's Republic of Greater Hongshan.
- : Following new legislation in Brenirven, the majority of the country's traffic wardens have been sacked overnight.
- : Following new legislation in Brenirven, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes.
- : Brenirven was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Brenirven, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Brenirven, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Brenirvenians.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Halsoni, 104 Partisans, Socialist Balkon, The Steephills, Canadian Democratic Republics, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Shamian, HollowCrown, Sodoran Alesia, Soviet State of Covernant, Zonghuacaibu, Flying-Penguins, Kethania, Repolaa, CommuneChina, Conarland, Techno Socialystiche, Socialist Heronia, 4D Donkeys, Comuny, Trombossa, Egalit, Marx Juche, Goshnia and Goshnigovina, Red Nation State, The Achterhoek, Larger Green Plants, Goias SSR, Greater Hongshan, and Exania.