|Leader||King Giuseppe II|
The National Catholic Kingdom of Bombastion is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by King Giuseppe II with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, parental licensing program, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.571 billion Bombastonians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Romito. The average income tax rate is 9.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Bombastonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,459 trillion Knickerbockers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 192,753 Knickerbockers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Baby dolls thrown in the trash are a leading cause of panic attacks, foreign musicians that King Giuseppe II dislikes are turned away at the border, discarded pennies litter the streets, and wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Bombastion's national animal is the Turkeyhawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bombastion was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Nations of NorthPortugal.
- : Following new legislation in Bombastion, wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry.
- : Following new legislation in Bombastion, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Bombastion, foreign musicians that King Giuseppe II dislikes are turned away at the border.
- : Bombastion endorsed The Kingdom of Asparagusia.
- : Bombastion endorsed The Federation of Mynox.
- : Bombastion endorsed The Principality of Eco-Paris Reformation.
- : Bombastion endorsed The United Cantons of Valtrona.
- : Bombastion endorsed The Federation of Eski.
- : Bombastion endorsed The Empire of Uzbek Khan.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Leranditale, North of Americas, Republic of Satherland, Someseni, Invernessia, Ausvelt, Outer Sparta, Thracia Republic, Saint Domingo, Yahlia, GanymedEuropa, The Champions League, Northern German Federation, Jim the Baptist, Walfo, Shaor, St Scarlett, Destyntine, Savinecross, Irminsulia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Pilipinas and Malaya, Dark Matter, Leszno, The New Nordic Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Prussian-Union, The Seven Provinces, Regnum Italiae, Abject Ludicrosity, Grodisze, Socialist Balkans, An Clar, The Kingdom of Denmark, Nardin, Jahass, Imperium Anglorum, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, Wombelland, Armbruster, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Enway, Epistimi Evimeria, Trixeland, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Anskerdank, and 8 others.Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Valtrona, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Asparagusia, and NorthPortugal.