|Leader||President Stephen Isakov|
The Democratic Republic of Boldia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Stephen Isakov with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.778 billion Boldians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Barcelona. The average income tax rate is 27.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Boldian economy, worth a remarkable 1,089 trillion grosches a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 111,403 grosches, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Short shrift is being given to applications for political asylum from illegal immigrants, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Boldia's radio stations, and engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Boldia's national animal is the mermaid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Eastern Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boldia was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Boldia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Boldia, engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats.
- : Following new legislation in Boldia, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Boldia's radio stations.
- : Following new legislation in Boldia, there's never a spare chair in the retirement home.
- : Boldia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Boldia, short shrift is being given to applications for political asylum from illegal immigrants.
- : Boldia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Boldia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Boldia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
Endorsements Received: 95 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Seven Provinces, Quentenia, Maritzal, Thracia Republic, Saint Domingo, Outer Sparta, Yahlia, The Champions League, Ahma, Troltovia, The New Nordic Union, Irminsulia, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, Slavorussia, Rouvenor, Northern German Federation, Lovisa, St Scarlett, Wombelland, Pazano, Feria-Alkaline, An Clar, Bohomo, Lexembourg, North of Americas, Nardin, Cytadela, GanymedEuropa, Dark Matter, New Ylicia, Chioganah, Kaspinia, Sinclairtown, Dorpz, Purgatio, Death Bat, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Greate San Marino, Thracia and Crimea, Toaddia, Germany Third Reich, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Leranditale, Beauprix, and 45 others.Ostermarch, Nevelja, Kenmoria WA Mission, Amicities, Bahnhofstrasse, Mantcor, Apabeossie, Brakanistan, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Saiwania, The Ivory Tower of Academia, British Norklon, Soviet Taoistan, The Greater Eastern Republic, Hertogenbosch, Lumitauka, Gingera, Suissen, Alsted, Elisabethshagen, Novo Portugal, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Mallesia, Stromia, Neuchateau, Betasia, Navence, Walfo, Falvaard, The Wretched of this Earth, Preusses, Anskerdank, Rijland, Lord Sapre, Blighteria, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Enway, Einswenn, Elitestland, Kanokla, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, and Continental Social Democrats.