The Republic of Bohstavia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Rosa Ehrlich with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.689 billion Bohstavians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boh City. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Bohstavian economy, worth 982 trillion Bizzes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 172,726 Bizzes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, the country's population is reported with a margin of error of several billions, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society, and cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bohstavia's national animal is the white tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bohstavia, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Bohstavia, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society.
- : Bohstavia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Bohstavia, the country's population is reported with a margin of error of several billions.
- : Following new legislation in Bohstavia, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Bohstavia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Bohstavia's influence in The Internationale rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Bohstavia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Bohstavia, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Bohstavia, the nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Duravia, That Place Where We Live, Minahasa, Terranova-Serre, Absurd Land, Andakeristan, Albania 3, Zerphen, Bernieland Republic, Bunkaiia, Pertsjan, Soberanos-Socialistas, Meorlanorde, Islati Scyia, Carrico, Democratic Manceff, Bihastria, International Socialist Union, Ontopia, Sino-Terranesia, and Erin World.