The United Socialist States of Bluemerica is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its daily referendums, digital currency, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 268 million Bluemericans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washington DC. The average income tax rate is 77.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Bluemerican economy, worth 16.9 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is 63,231 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, the tools of the trade for landmine clearance appear to be copious amounts of gasoline and a box of matches, and orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bluemerica's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents.
- : Bluemerica endorsed The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Bluemerica was endorsed by The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, the tools of the trade for landmine clearance appear to be copious amounts of gasoline and a box of matches.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Bluemerica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Bluemerica was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, every spring railroad foundations erode to reveal human remains.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
- : Following new legislation in Bluemerica, education is transforming people into first-rate snobs.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Walfo, The Seven Provinces, Invernessia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Northern German Federation, Yahlia, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Saint Domingo, Trixeland, Republic of Satherland, The Champions League, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Meropis, Abject Ludicrosity, The New Mexican Confederation, Thracia Republic, Ausvelt, Elisabethshagen, The New Nordic Union, St Scarlett, Shaor, Someseni, Kanokla, Dark Matter, Jim the Baptist, Rivierenland, GanymedEuropa, The Young Ur, Irminsulia, Destyntine, Regnum Italiae, Anskerdank, Kyrica, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Uzbek Khan, Leiningerland, Christian Terra, Brakanistan, Asparagusia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Valtrona, Mynox, Enway, Nardin, Continental Social Democrats, United Communes of Chile, North of Americas, Othenhiem, and Gliesetonia.