The People's Republic of Bihastria is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 429 million Bihastrians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Karl-Marx-City. The average income tax rate is 74.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Bihastrian economy, worth 21.4 trillion Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is 49,876 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Replacement organs are grown in vats, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Karl-Marx-City for fear of causing a fuss, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank, and homophobia is off the menu. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bihastria's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bihastria was endorsed by The Borderlands of Sino-Terranesia.
- : Bihastria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Bihastria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Following new legislation in Bihastria, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Bihastria, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Following new legislation in Bihastria, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Karl-Marx-City for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Following new legislation in Bihastria, replacement organs are grown in vats.
- : Following new legislation in Bihastria, the election for Leader's office's janitor is heating up.
- : Following new legislation in Bihastria, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Bihastria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Most Secular, and Highest Drug Use.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Albania 3, Doultrenia, Minahasa, Zerphen, Absurd Land, Saltspring Island, Pertsjan, Democratic Manceff, Duravia, Weaventingost, Upcrus, Nova Erie, El Rift, Terranova-Serre, Golinistan, New Ordiel Kalibleland, Bernieland Republic, Islati Scyia, Bunkaiia, Soberanos-Socialistas, Carrico, Andogeesia, Meorlanorde, The Anarchic Collective of Z, Mesopoto, Fairfax Soviet Republic, Attempted Socialism, Karlos, International Socialist Union, and Sino-Terranesia.