The Unspecified Civilisation of Bestburg is a colossal, genial nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 7.599 billion Bestburgians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pug City. The average income tax rate is 65.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bestburgian economy, worth a remarkable 1,089 trillion Bestbucks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 143,419 Bestbucks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license, taxpayer-funded government ads are promoting Brancaland as a premier filming location, gay couples have to travel to Brancaland to find a church that will actually let them wed, and relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bestburg's national animal is the cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bestburg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Bestburg was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Bestburg was endorsed by The Kingdom of Atsvea.
- : Bestburg lost the endorsement of The Kingdom of Atsvea.
- : Bestburg was endorsed by The Kiwi Bird Forest of Ordealius.
- : Following new legislation in Bestburg, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Bestburg, gay couples have to travel to Brancaland to find a church that will actually let them wed.
- : Following new legislation in Bestburg, taxpayer-funded government ads are promoting Brancaland as a premier filming location.
- : Bestburg was endorsed by The Republic of Ecoism.
- : Bestburg was endorsed by The Democratic States of Zerkyr Xiszczy.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Ruinenlust, Ransium, Verdant Haven, Anachronolandia, Effazio, Turbeaux, Hyon Delta, Feladria, Novian Republics, Blon Gre, Lura, Canaltia, Ordand, Ironic Remarks, Bregaria, Pen Blanityion, Cat-Herders United, East Stederland, Simbolon, Tscharva, Garbelia, Crowacia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Rivienland, Daarwyrth, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Foir, Doxstern, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Ordealius, Atsvea, and Jutsa.