The Republic of Berrada is a huge, genial nation, notable for its public floggings, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working population of 290 million Berradans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stupatolla. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 40.5%.
The powerhouse Berradan economy, worth 22.8 trillion Bucks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. Average income is 78,544 Bucks, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
Producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene, homophobia is off the menu, Leader's office has a newly installed Max-Man arcade game programmed by a 5th-grader, and tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Berrada's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Berrada voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free, Open Source Software Use".
- : Berrada was endorsed by The Cayon Democratic Republic of Altnavia.
- : Berrada was endorsed by The Dominion of MaPetiteFille.
- : Berrada was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Berrada was endorsed by The Republic of TescoPepsi.
- : Following new legislation in Berrada, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash.
- : Following new legislation in Berrada, Leader's office has a newly installed Max-Man arcade game programmed by a 5th-grader.
- : Following new legislation in Berrada, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Berrada, producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene.
- : Following new legislation in Berrada, the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Amerion, Yaravia, Ever Testing, Land Without Shrimp, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Arscanesia, Corgitopiaa, Aidenfieeld, Holota, PenguinPies, Bleakfoot, Volaworand, Bawkie, Wehraboos, Eleuthelrium, Beblahbleblo, Blondiesland, Chernaya Zvezda, Ebonhand, Tepertopia, Esterwood, Kringalia, Great Lothian, Farengeto, Holy Free, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Bistritza, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Driodal, Dupanda, Taigama, Gennaretia, Haaugeland, Lile Ulie Islands, Rhetiaa, Petea, Eggraria, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Willing Mind, South Pacifican Kilendjj, Sureiya, Nouvel Empire, Winlah, The Haughtherlands, Dakalian, Evinea, TescoPepsi, MaPetiteFille, and 1 other.Altnavia.