The Union of Bamsi is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Larissa Bamsye with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 2.911 billion Bamsis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bamsyr. The average income tax rate is 66.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Bamsian economy, worth 331 trillion Bamsi Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 113,787 Bamsi Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, and trying to toast marshmallows in an electric fireplace just isn't the same. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bamsi's national animal is the Triple-headed Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bamsi was endorsed by The Socialist Federation of Czecho-Slovakian Union.
- : Bamsi was endorsed by The Holy Vodkaist-Potatoist Land of Belarusball.
- : Bamsi was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Respondus.
- : Bamsi was endorsed by The People's Republic of Jovenski.
- : Bamsi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Bamsi was endorsed by The Union of Exania.
- : Following new legislation in Bamsi, trying to toast marshmallows in an electric fireplace just isn't the same.
- : Following new legislation in Bamsi, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
- : Following new legislation in Bamsi, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Bamsi, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Halsoni, The Steephills, Elite Socialistic Union, Karelianastan, 104 Partisans, The Movion, Shamian, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Kethania, Socialist Balkon, Soviet State of Covernant, Repolaa, Conarland, Socialist Heronia, Passany, Carrico, Comuny, Free Workers Confederacy, Trombossa, The Communist regime of Sovietchina, Bogovslavia, Egalit, 4D Donkeys, Marx Juche, Goshnia and Goshnigovina, Western Utopias, Flying-Penguins, Goias SSR, Exania, Jovenski, Respondus, Belarusball, and Czecho-Slovakian Union.