The Rogue Nation of Balonga is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its national health service, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.621 billion Balongans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 54.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Balongan economy, worth 75.0 trillion Balons a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 46,269 Balons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property, an underground movement of cigarette smokers has sprung up in response to a government ban, and the examiners who examine examiners are being examined by examiners. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Balonga's national animal is the Beluga Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Balonga's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Balonga, the examiners who examine examiners are being examined by examiners.
- : Balonga's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Balonga's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Balonga's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Balonga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Balonga, an underground movement of cigarette smokers has sprung up in response to a government ban.
- : Balonga altered its national flag.
- : Balonga was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Balonga ceased to exist in The South Pacific.