The People's Republic of Ballssa is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working population of 833 million ballssians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.8%.
The very strong ballssian economy, worth 43.7 trillion forkts a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Woodchip Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 52,470 forkts, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 240,633 per year while the poor average 6,950, a ratio of 34.6 to 1.
Ballssa has designated Ballssa City as its capital city, corporate lawyers are switching careers to the more lucrative field of green politics, anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away, and economists claim no news is good news. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ballssa's national animal is the none, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ballssa was endorsed by The Kingdom of Shadeth.
- : Ballssa was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Eae.
- : Ballssa was endorsed by The Goblin Commune Federation of Eggraria.
- : Ballssa was endorsed by The United States of Lauramerica.
- : Ballssa was endorsed by The Holy Empire of TescoPepsi.
- : Ballssa was endorsed by The Eternal Dynasty of Comfed.
- : Ballssa was endorsed by The Kingdom of Petea.
- : Ballssa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Ballssa, economists claim no news is good news.
- : Following new legislation in Ballssa, anyone who sneezes at border crossings is turned away.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Volaworand, Tepertopia, Cucutenium, Holota, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Corgitopiaa, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Blondiesland, Ever Testing, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Bleakfoot, Chernaya Zvezda, Arscanesia, Achemar, Bod Wareenaland, Sou Avida, Rebel-topia, PenguinPies, Castraebar, Donat Invadia, Kringalia, Holy Free, A Place Somewhere, Ebonhand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Mavenu, Farengeto, Aidenfieeld, Zataras, Ostavaria, Sedunn, Skaladoria, Concrete Slab, Esterwood, The Haughtherlands, Nive Tecta Iugis, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Nowa Europa, Brazilian impero2, Goom Bay, Seythennia, Shefino, The republic of Konsa, Great Lothian, Prokuror, and 8 others.Doge Land, Petea, Comfed, TescoPepsi, Lauramerica, Eggraria, Eae, and Shadeth.