The Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Pope Francis with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, digital currency, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 17.575 billion Auralians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Education, with Defense, Administration, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Mark's. The average income tax rate is 1.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Auralian economy, worth a remarkable 3,509 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 199,676 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, a bureaucratic fight over AIA cafeteria food expenditures has caused the temporary suspension of all agency counterintelligence operations, students do more community service than homework, and mechanics are often exhausted by their work. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Auralia's national animal is the red-tailed hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Auralia endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of The Pilgrims in the Desert.
- : Auralia endorsed The Grand Duchy of Medwedgrad.
- : Auralia was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Medwedgrad.
- : Auralia was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of The Pilgrims in the Desert.
- : Auralia endorsed The Kingdom of Demokraticheskayan Zemlya.
- : Auralia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Demokraticheskayan Zemlya.
- : Auralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Auralia endorsed The Holy Empire of Moucret.
- : Auralia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Moucret.
- : Auralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Fredgast, Totern, Nesque, Katholskur, Epeolatry, Gregor Monarchy, Flomany, Thomas More, Azbadar, Falangistisch Nederland, Piojopolis, Omensa, Piaterram, Saints Hill, Attike, Christian Democrats, Ave Gloriana, Moucret, Demokraticheskayan Zemlya, The Pilgrims in the Desert, and Medwedgrad.