The Confederal Directorate of Aura Banitia is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 610 million Banitians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Public Transport are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Auralaide. The average income tax rate is 37.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Banitian economy, worth 25.6 trillion Credits a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 41,905 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The constant playing of Merry Birthday on Banitian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Aura Banitia's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aura Banitia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Aura Banitia endorsed The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Aura Banitia was endorsed by The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Aura Banitia lost the endorsement of The Bat Benevolent Church of Jim the Baptist.
- : Aura Banitia changed its national nation type to "Confederal Directorate".
- : Aura Banitia's influence in Europe rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Aura Banitia was endorsed by The Republic of Sienkahn.
- : Aura Banitia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Elitestland.
- : Aura Banitia was endorsed by The Federation of Shagolaa.
- : Aura Banitia lodged a message on the Europe Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Elisabethshagen, Nuweland, The Champions League, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Silumi, Permorania, The Kingdom of Denmark, Saint Domingo, The New Nordic Union, Thracia Republic, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Imperium Anglorum, Irminsulia, Troltovia, Northern German Federation, GanymedEuropa, Yahlia, St Scarlett, Nevelja, Miharr, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, Andyvania, Apabeossie, Invernessia, Free Furentenia, Wombelland, The-British-Isles, United States of Terran, Anskerdank, Brakanistan, Pydrus, WaffleEmpire, Republic of Satherland, Slavorussia, Supcotia, Indoctia, Nardin, The Seven Provinces, Mallesia, An Clar, Gingera, Bahnhofstrasse, Stromia, The Mongol Plain, Chioganah, Balto-League, Old Katy, and 34 others.Gultravia, The Peoples Republic of Suffolk, The Caput Mundi, Viciebskaja, Nouros, Nookville, Mantcor, Dombrovia, Alba-Nord, North of Americas, Andreapol, Locahsianea, Juties, Walfo, Regnum Italiae, Velosia, Porury, Greater Tomland, The Wretched of this Earth, Greate San Marino, Pazano, Rijland, Preusses, Lord Sapre, Enway, Puhja, Pilipinas and Malaya, Einswenn, Feria-Alkaline, Eritei, Shagolaa, Elitestland, Sienkahn, and Jim the Baptist.