The Federation of Athontia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and ritual sacrifices. The quiet, industrious population of 418 million Athontians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aldar. The average income tax rate is 35.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Athontian economy, worth 25.1 trillion Athontian dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 59,991 Athontian dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle, and CSI Forest is this year's hit new crime show. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Athontia's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Athontia endorsed The Commonwealth of West Coulee.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, CSI Forest is this year's hit new crime show.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them.
- : Following new legislation in Athontia, demand for night vision goggles and boat engine mufflers has spiked.
- : Athontia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Athontia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Athontia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Athontia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
Endorsements Received: 68 » Valentian Elysium, Anisopterra, New Fania, Recon Island, The Soylent Green Party, Kuriko, Vivolkha, Krystalveil, Final Universal Order, Wysrod, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Solarampa, Blogotopia, West Whale, Achiotopia, Sovieka, Tamsalin, Old Atlantica, City of Saint Nicolas, Constantinolia, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, The Republic of Osea, Aspistania, Vill Send, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Lamborghini Murcielago, Evertopia, Starrden, Seranis, Colonel Terrosit, Harekoku, Zyrcrestia, Slaytania, Kebecois, Itic, Isentran, Northern African Sahara, Xemja, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Dustwind, Northern Nivaria, AciaciaMont, Maalemzya, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Wakanchi, Ali Faridi, Anarchals, Old Tryst, and 18 others.Liberdon, Grungerock, Point Comfort Colony, Republic of Libriano, Ignis Cinere, The Pipiles, Zog Imperialis, Namakan, Creeptopia, Ao Kuang, Ascended Union, Republic of Karskarovyt, Alleida, Discotheque, Jimjam Goober, Tzo, Greenmont Federation, and Bortheria.