|Leader||Baron Centule V|
The Barony of Astarac is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Baron Centule V with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, zero percent divorce rate, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 16.237 billion Astaracians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Spirituality, with Law & Order, Industry, and Defense also on the agenda, while Welfare receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mirande. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.8%.
The thriving Astaracian economy, worth 627 trillion francs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 38,650 francs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 111,934 per year while the poor average 10,575, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
Voting is compulsory, Astarac has designated Mirande as its capital city, Baron Centule V has just been declared ruler of Astarac in an international press conference, and Roman Catholicism has been named as Astarac's national religion. Crime is moderate. Astarac's national animal is the auroch and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Astarac's influence in Aquitaine rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Astarac was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Astarac's influence in Aquitaine rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Astarac's influence in Aquitaine rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Astarac's influence in Aquitaine rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Astarac's influence in Aquitaine rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Astarac's influence in Aquitaine rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Astarac relocated from The North Pacific to Aquitaine.
- : Astarac was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Astarac's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".