The Kingdom of Ashckar is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its zero percent divorce rate, national health service, and compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 425 million Ashckarians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ashckar City. The average income tax rate is 48.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Ashckarian economy, worth 35.0 trillion Ashckronas a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is 82,357 Ashckronas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, flipping a coin to make a decision leads to a referral to Gambling Addiction Services, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', and asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashckar's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ashckar was endorsed by The Republic of Zulrich.
- : Ashckar was endorsed by The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Ashckar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Following new legislation in Ashckar, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes.
- : Following new legislation in Ashckar, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Ashckar was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Ashckar, flipping a coin to make a decision leads to a referral to Gambling Addiction Services.
- : Following new legislation in Ashckar, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Following new legislation in Ashckar, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
- : Ashckar was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 100 » The Oriental Empire, The Seven Provinces, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, North of Americas, Yahlia, Meropis, Saint Domingo, Thracia Republic, Maritzal, Nardin, Ausvelt, Leszno, Super Happy Land, Invernessia, South St Maarten, St Scarlett, Umeria, Viktorias, Elisabethshagen, Galway-Dublin, The New Nordic Union, Rivierenland, Northern German Federation, Brakanistan, Slavonia and Srijem, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Walfo, Ostermarch, Mons Graupius, Shaor, The Champions League, Hverland, Evergreen Keys, Escalver, Saiwania, Wessex and Cornwall, Esvonia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Jim the Baptist, Cytadela, Pilipinas and Malaya, GanymedEuropa, Wombelland, Owlograd, The Union of Eurasian Federal Republics, Armbruster, The Mongol Plain, Irminsulia, Boldia, and 50 others.The States of Texas and Arkansas, Durlia, Falvaard, Dorenstad, The Scandinavian Realm, An Clar, The New Mexican Confederation, Abject Ludicrosity, Destyntine, Dauershire, Chioganah, Quentenia, Nuweland, Nea Europa, Puerto Thelosia, Socialist Soviet Armenia, Arguistan, Greater Icelandia, Purgatio, Republic of Satherland, Dark Matter, Leranditale, Montagne Riche, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Grodisze, Anskerdank, Someseni, Betasia, Apabeossie, Zarulia, Enway, Trixeland, Kanokla, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Eski, Bareu, Valtrona, Christian Terra, Sloburg, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Othenhiem, Continental Social Democrats, Berlin and Potsdam, The Fair Republic, Lovisa, Nuevo Europa, Gliesetonia, and Zulrich.