|Leader||a well-dressed raccoon|
|Animal||golden tortoise beetle|
The Orange Juice Republic of Asark is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by a well-dressed raccoon with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.204 billion Sarks hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acorn City. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Asarkian economy, worth 437 trillion acorns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 136,682 acorns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles, the government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses, and the Asark Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Asark's national animal is the golden tortoise beetle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asark was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Asark, the Asark Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'.
- : Asark endorsed The Republic of TheHurricane.
- : Following new legislation in Asark, the government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses.
- : Following new legislation in Asark, signatures have been replaced with illegible scribbles.
- : Following new legislation in Asark, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : Following new legislation in Asark, all the playground's a stage for Asarkian schoolchildren.
- : Following new legislation in Asark, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
- : Asark was endorsed by The Republic of TheHurricane.
- : Following new legislation in Asark, foreign workers are flooding in as acorns flood out.
Endorsements Received: 80 » Pakitsk, VW53Aland, Pledonia, Albrook, New Leganes, Debluu, Aivintis, East Malaysia, Axdel, A mean old man, Layngderfleethe, Dravida India, The Three States of Fortuna, Hizuru, Enlil, Marrabuk, Aquyia, Asendavia, Brotherland, Eastern Alksearia, Veterans Association, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Formaro, Modra, Canadian Technocrats, BearStackof2015, Dragons Blood, From New World, Spiruvania, Sandboxford, The united republican democratic states, Chalan, Arcadiam, Empire of Dabiristan, East Deslang, Land of Corporations, Perah, Mardom, Evrigenis, Agave, Romanoddle Republic, Blobon, The 7th Coalition of Alba, Rikos Isles, Bogliqia, Nevertopia, Vaskeden, Tassirion, Republic of Restaks, A Slanted Black Stripe, and 30 others.The Marlands, Labavaria, Merlovich, Tyrosalem, The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices, Nociav, Kalaratri, Frankinstan, Preat, The Antlantic islands, North Abandonia, Kond Mex Ethostorgel, Adezilla, Yomgo, Isole Ionie, Ridann, Jamitri, Elejamie, Piggy Piggy The Piggy, New Sandsnionion, Reimuria, Nature and Industry, United Commonwealth of American States, Luzbas, CheeseBurrito, ReeK, Kaigi, Power Guido, Arknasi, and Goodnamesarerare.