The Nuhaatyc Republic of Arutiise is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Mand'alor with an iron fist, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 24.739 billion Mando'ade are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keldabe. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Mando'adyc economy, worth an astonishing 16,797 trillion ┼Ɐ┼paks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 678,999 ┼Ɐ┼paks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People often get liposuction to reduce their air fares, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Arutiise after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, and international tensions are high as Arutiise threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arutiise's national animal is the Nuhaatyc, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Dar'manda.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arutiise lodged a message on the The Atheist Empire Regional Message Board.
- : Arutiise updated the World Factbook entry in The Atheist Empire.
- : Arutiise voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Arutiise voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : Arutiise's influence in The Atheist Empire fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Arutiise voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Removal of Space Debris".
- : Arutiise voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Historical Founderless Region Preservation Act ".
- : Arutiise voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of the Press"".
- : Following new legislation in Arutiise, international tensions are high as Arutiise threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Arutiise, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Arutiise after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
Endorsements Received: None.