|Leader||General Secretary Amaltheia Kouris|
|Currency||people's republic drachma|
The People's Republic of Artemis is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by General Secretary Amaltheia Kouris with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and frequent executions. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.871 billion Artemisians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Elpida. The average income tax rate is 87.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Artemisian economy, worth 622 trillion people's republic drachmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 105,987 people's republic drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, arbitration is mightier than the sword, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers, and fixing attendance at women's matches is a matter of "when they go low, we go high... funding". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Artemis's national animal is the stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is State Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Artemis endorsed The Anti-productivist League of New Latin Locality.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, fixing attendance at women's matches is a matter of "when they go low, we go high... funding".
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, arbitration is mightier than the sword.
- : Artemis was endorsed by The Anti-productivist League of New Latin Locality.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, the intelligence community is playing 4-D chess with an imaginary spy network.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, citizens are now allowed to discuss whether General Secretary Amaltheia Kouris is the greatest ruler ever or simply the greatest ruler of this generation.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, family trees become bare as entire branches are lopped off.
- : Following new legislation in Artemis, soldiers who shoot themselves in the foot are regarded as heroes.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Canaltia, Turbeaux, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Novian Republics, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Feladria, Ownzone, Hyon Delta, Eryndlynd, Entitize, Reannia, Wantevolo, Cat-Herders United, Bregaria, Ordand, Love and Nature, Cheloboria, Lura, Appendia, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Pen Blanityion, Tscharva, Kawastyselir, Simbolon, The Most Serene Republicans, Terrabod, Crowacia, Effazio, Garbelia, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Daarwyrth, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Doxstern, Ordealius, Uan aa Boa, Jutsa, Dasche, The World Wildlife Fund, and New Latin Locality.