|Leader||Empress Maria Artannina III|
|Animal||Artannian Winged Lion|
The Empire of Artannia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Maria Artannina III with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, free-roaming dinosaurs, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.449 billion Artanns love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Artanna. The average income tax rate is 82.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Artannian economy, worth 627 trillion Dynnars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,137 Dynnars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Artannia has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, the diplomatic corps tends to open negotiations by insulting all the foreigners in the room, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, and the army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Artannia's national animal is the Artannian Winged Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Artannian Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, the army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, the diplomatic corps tends to open negotiations by insulting all the foreigners in the room.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, Artannia has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down.
- : Artannia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Artannia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Artannia was endorsed by The Scandinavian-Style Republic of The Mikalan Empire.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, a government program is underway to revitalize Artannia's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, turnstile jumpers grow up to be tax cheats.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Nohol, BBoss, Doctors Orvos, My Nation, Moka Pamplemousses, Narvatus, Emaha, Shaizan, Parenlord, Seprum, Linkers Sha, Archargentina, Sparsdan, Allinburg, Mally Piznoopia, Duckbill, Valquia, Songateri, Underwater Sovereignties, Earth Global, Corisar, Empire of Serikai, Naralovian, Ishankh, Savoril, The French Lesser Antilles, Sulivannia, The Neo Russ Republic, Moaab, Granbury, Zuuri, Provence Town, Grand Abaco, The Free City of Night City, Balkanturistan, Obets, The Earths people, Stakenite, Laidir, and The Mikalan Empire.