The Most Serene Commonwealth of Arbados Balarascia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.61 billion Arbado-Balarascians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Alsace. The average income tax rate is 58.5%.
The powerhouse Arbado-Balarascian economy, worth 436 trillion Arbado-Balarascian Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 121,032 Arbado-Balarascian Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, millions of Arbado-Balarascians are excellent swimmers, and dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arbados Balarascia's national animal is the Phoenix Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Arbados Balarascia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and the Top 10% for Largest Governments and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Arbados Balarascia was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, millions of Arbado-Balarascians are excellent swimmers.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Following new legislation in Arbados Balarascia, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals.
- : Arbados Balarascia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
Endorsements Received: 55 » Old Mare, Karelianastan, Shamian, Marxmeans, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Kethania, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Rothnia, The Tsardom of Muscovy, Bibliophilius, Lorthanien, The Greater Tulsa Area, Picuros, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Seungli, Feyrisshire, Bruzzundunga, Maogeji, Keltische, Floreznia, Mallissa, Brauengen, Proletariana, Kheltchistan, Councilist Communes, Soviet State of Covernant, Phallas, Socialist Republic of Tyrotrosk, South Merwervader Islands, Pangeaeae, Techno Socialystiche, The Bon Fa Islands, Wice, Sopielepit, East Shancia, Borealian Communes, Rohvenn, The Steephills, 104 Partisans, Yutopia, The Movion, Krestyana, People of atlantis, Arpol, Halsoni, Luwendr, Socialist Balkon, Vinidad, Europa volksdemokratisch sozialistisch, and 5 others.North Fluedan, Pogging Through The Pain, Comuny, The Transmanian Islands, and Repolaa.