The Kingdom of Anskerdank is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 252 million Anskerdankians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 28.6%.
The powerhouse Anskerdankian economy, worth 19.8 trillion Worker's Rubles a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 78,581 Worker's Rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, and prisoners fit in their parole hearings around their spa treatments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anskerdank's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anskerdank was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Anskerdank, prisoners fit in their parole hearings around their spa treatments.
- : Anskerdank published "Constitution of Destinyland" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Anskerdank approved the World Assembly proposal "Limitation of Inhumane Weaponry".
- : Anskerdank withdrew its approval for the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "World Assembly Headquarters"".
- : Anskerdank endorsed The Free Land of Anarkitten.
- : Anskerdank lodged a message on the Destinyland Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Anskerdank, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers.
- : Anskerdank removed the tag "Neutral" from Destinyland.
- : Anskerdank updated the World Factbook entry in Destinyland.