|Animal||Green Tree Python|
The Matriarchy of Anewsta is a very large, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 119 million Draconics are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 29.1%.
The Draconian economy, worth 5.12 trillion Morpas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 43,066 Morpas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, organ donation is compulsory, and the military perceives nations hit by natural disasters as "easy pickings". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Anewsta's national animal is the Green Tree Python.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Anewsta's influence in The Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Anewsta's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Anewsta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Anewsta's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Anewsta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Anewsta changed its national demonym to "Draconic", its demonym adjective to "Draconian", and its nation type to "Matriarchy".
- : Anewsta published "The Draconics" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Anewsta published "The Anewsta Mountains" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Following new legislation in Anewsta, the military perceives nations hit by natural disasters as "easy pickings".
- : Following new legislation in Anewsta, organ donation is compulsory.