The Kingdom of Ambung is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Otto with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, zero percent divorce rate, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.462 billion Ambers are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asrade. The average income tax rate is 86.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Amber economy, worth 110 trillion Silvers a year, is highly specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,723 Silvers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Light entertainment isn't dead, the mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, lobbyists are trying to convince government to recategorize most natural disasters as "non-critical naturogenic inconveniences", and private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ambung's national animal is the Brown Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ambung's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ambung's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ambung's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ambung relocated from Europe to The Rejected Realms.
- : Ambung resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Ambung was endorsed by Fjarrej.
- : Ambung was endorsed by The April Joy of Apabeossie.
- : Ambung was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Ambung was endorsed by The United Cantons of Valtrona.
- : Ambung was endorsed by The Union of The States of Texas and Arkansas.